Sam’s little short film project has been a labour of love for a number of years now, starting way back in 2013. We are now getting to the real business end of the project though and are partway through final animation.
The realities of ‘paying the bills’ still mean that most of the work on Sam happens in between other commercial projects at MAAN Creative, the studio making Sam the Hedgehog.
Here is a little graphic charting our progress so far…
How can I help?
Sam needs all the help he can get to get his film made. There are a few ways that you can get involved:
- SPREAD THE WORD – it’s free and easy! Tell your friends and family about the project and send them to our website or social media pages:
- DONATE SOME MOOLAH! Giving cash is probably the most helpful thing you could do. Good artists need to be paid! We have a donation page where you can donate via bank transfer or Paypal.
- BUY SOME MERCH – we have a growing collection of T-shirts, posters, stickers and so on for sale and all the proceeds go towards making the film.
- OFFER SOME TIME – there is loads to be done and you could always donate some time instead of cash:
- we regularly have interns coming in to help build the sets. Email us if you are a 2D animator keen to do a couple hand-drawn frames for us; either on-site in Jozi or remotely via Zoom etc.
Help support Sam’s project by donating!